Patient Forms, Map and Directions to Fort Myers Office
Your first visit to Dr. Carmen Aulino involves a few special steps so that we can get to know you. To understand what to expect, please read through this page. You'll find all the practical information you need, such as a map and directions to our office, practice hours, payment policies and more. There's also background information about our committed staff and our first visit procedures. You can also save some time by printing out and completing the patient forms in advance of your appointment.
Our practice is working together to realize a shared vision of uncompromising excellence in dentistry.
To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Listening to those we are privileged to serve.
- Earn the trust and respect of patients, professionals and our community.
- Exceed your expectations.
- Ensure a creative, challenging and compassionate professional environment.
- Strive for continuous improvement at all levels.
Please print and fill out these forms so we can expedite your first visit:
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
What To Expect
Dr. Aulino and team welcome you as a new patient and friend to our practice! We recognize that you have options when choosing a dentist, and we appreciate your trust and confidence in us. We promise to provide the highest level of care and compassion for you in all that we do.
Whether you are coming to us for general dental care, aesthetic dentistry, or with other dental needs or concerns, we want to educate you on our general dental care philosophy, as well as what to expect during a visit to our office.
For the most optimal dental and oral health, we strongly recommend twice a year check-ups and cleanings. In addition to ensuring proper brushing and flossing, Dr. Aulino will check for problems that you might not see or feel, including early signs of tooth decay. Some patients with implants, crowns, gum disease, or other specific dental needs may require more frequent visits.
What Happens At The Typical Check-Up Appointment?
- To begin, a dental hygienist will review your oral health history, any prior X-rays, medication history and discuss any changes in your overall health. The hygienist will conduct an initial oral exam of your gums and teeth, clean and polish your teeth, talk to you about caring for your teeth and gums, and answer any questions you might have about home care and products. Following the cleaning, Dr. Aulino will also conduct an oral exam of your mouth (for signs of decay, oral cancer or other diseases), discuss your overall health and any medicine use; review any questions or concerns; diagnose any oral health problems; and make any treatment recommendations.
- Professional Cleaning – While caring for your teeth by brushing and flossing at home can help remove plaque, only a professional cleaning by the dentist or dental hygienist can thoroughly clean your teeth and remove the hardened plaque or tartar that builds up on teeth.
- Polishing – After your teeth have been cleaned, they are polished to remove plaque and stains on the tooth surface. The polish contains an abrasive substance and fluoride, and is applied using a small rotating rubber cup or brush attached to the dental hand piece.
- Prevention – The hygienist will discuss your home dental care routine, and may offer additional instructions for you to follow based on the results of your exam. Don’t hesitate to ask us for instructions about brushing or flossing, or general care questions about your teeth and gums.
- Digital X-Rays – The use of digital X-rays decreases the patient’s exposure to radiation as compared to traditional x-rays. The dentist will consider your clinical examination, dental history, and risk for developing cavities in determining the frequency for x-rays.
- Treatment recommendations – Following your exam, Dr. Aulino will make any recommendations for treatment options, which may include additional diagnostic tests, a referral to another oral health specialist, or a follow up appointment for additional treatment or care at our office.